- If a person you are talking to is older than you, you have to say Sarang hamnida 사랑 합니다. If a person you are referring to is well respected or you don’t know him/ her very well you have to say Sarang hamnida 사랑 합니다. This is the formal version of I love you in the Korean language.
2. If the listener is younger than you or he/ she is same as your age you have to say saranghae 사랑해 or 사랑해요. The word 사랑해 is used to only those who are really close to you whether they are older than you or not. This is an informal version of I love you in Korean.
사랑 합니다 = 사SA 랑RANG 합HAM 니NI 다DA.
사랑해 = 사SA 랑RANG 해HAE
사랑해요 = 사SA 랑RANG 해HAE 요YO.
All these forms of I love you in Korean are derived from the basic Korean verb 사랑하다. Which literally means love or an attraction or feeling to something or somebody.
3. Nowadays the younger generation of Korean use Konglish version of I love you that is 아이 러브 유 ( Aai laebu yu). This is a famous phrase among school and college students.
4. 난 영원히 당신을 사랑할 거야! which means I’ll love you forever!. This is a creative way of saying I love you in Korean. If you use this phrase your partner becomes so happy.
난(Nan) 영원히 (Yeong won hi) 당신을 (Dangsineul) 사랑할 거야! (Saranghalkoya)
5. Another way to say I love you in Korean is by using subject and object. Let’s find out briefly.
I mean 나 or 저 (나 is informal and 저 is formal) LOVE mean 사랑 YOU mean 너. So you can say
나는 너를 사랑해. In daily life, people don’t use this phrase but you can use it in cyberlife (Facebook, insta, youtube, kakaotalk etc). It seems like google translate talking to a human. Learn about Korean chatting slangs.
Korean sentence structure is different than the English sentence structure. In the Korean system, we have to use Subject + verb + object. If you don’t know why the particles 는 and 를 are used. click here. 난 너를 사랑해 is another short form of 나는 너를 사랑해.
6. If the valentine day is coming soon and you want to propose your crush and spend time with him/ her by expressing your feelings you can say 발렌타인데이 같이 보낼래요? Now let’s romanize this phrase 발렌타인데이 Bhalentain dei 같이 Kachhi 보낼래요Fonelleyo?
7. If you don’t want to say I love you directly you can say 당신은 나에게 무척 소중해요. It means you mean so much to me. This is another way to express your deep feelings to someone. 당신은 dangsineun 나에게 Na – ege 무척 Muchhak 소중해요 Sojungheyo.
8. 알럽! is a modern way to say I love you in Korean. 알럽 is a Konglish word derived from I love. New generation Korean especially teenagers use this word to express love for their partners.
9. If you want to be more expressive and romantic you can say 말로는 내 사랑을 설명할 수 없습니다. This means words can’t describe my love/ feeling for you. 말로는 Mallonun 내Ne 사랑을Sarangeul 설명 Seol myeong 할수Halsu 없습니다 Eop Sumnida.
10. The other way to express your deep affection to your girlfriend or boyfriend in Korea is 당신의 모든 것을 사랑합니다 which means I love everything about you. 당신의 Dangshin we 모든 Modun 것을 Kasul 사랑합니다 Saranghamnida.
Does oppa mean boyfriend?
Oppa is the older one than you who is male if you are female. If you see a man who is passing on the street and you call him oppa he might think you are flirting or being childish.
Oppa is used in two situations: first it is the only name of your older brother and cousin.
Second endearment among friends or you can also say oppa to your boyfriend.
What is the meaning of Saranghaeyo?
Saranghaeyo is I love you in Korean. 사랑해 – To have a deep feeling of affection toward a person.
How do you say i like you” in korean?
If you want to say i like you in korean it’s 나는 너를 좋아해. And if you want to say i love you directly you can say 사랑해요.
How do you respond to saranghae?
If you also love that person you can say Nado saranghae (나도 사랑해) – I love you too.
I love you in korean formal?
사랑합니다 or 사랑해요 is the formal and polite way to say I love you in korean.
What is I love you too in korean?
나 도 사랑해 is informal way to say i love you too in korean and 저 도 사랑합니다 is the formal way to say i love you too in korean.
What is I miss you” in korean language?
보고 싶어 is I miss you in korean.
How to say thank you and I love you” in korean?
Thank you is 감사합니다 or ,고맙습니다 in korean and 사랑합니다 is I love you in korean.